www.flickr.com
kraken147's photos More of kraken147's photos
Allotment of Champions: Harvesting the runts

Monday, July 17, 2006

Harvesting the runts

The last week or so has seen an unprecedented explosion in marrow size and number. Because of this, several have been culled to conserve growing energy for the main-vine beasts.

Here is a selection of the fallen few - which are by no means the largest on the plot. Many thanks to the 'Sarehole Squashmaster' (Woodward's new moniker) for his assistance in the culling process: he held them still as I cut their throats and tore them from their shrieking mothers.


(Click picture to enlarge)

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, 18 July, 2006, Blogger Mr.Skinny said...

I hope you honour these brave casualties by feasting on them.

 
At Tuesday, 18 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do not presume to judge me or the methods I choose to employ, you cannot comprehend the magnitude of the task I have undertaken in the foul and putrid world of the gourd, nor the consequences of my failure. The weak will always be led by the strong,where the strong cry out against FATE>>>> An impressive display of courgettes. Good Luck.

 
At Tuesday, 18 July, 2006, Blogger Stephen Griffin said...

I've some sizzling in the pan as I type.

 
At Tuesday, 18 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas, OC no-one would eat them now that Ste has had his way with the bulbous beauties. Mysophiliac

 
At Wednesday, 19 July, 2006, Blogger Stephen Griffin said...

An interest in Mysophilia? Why, that's a blast from the past. I remember those days in the pit, where the only pleasure I could get was from the very walls around me. Oh, that south-facing, muddy embankment! Oh, the utter degradation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home